Friday 16 March 2007

Week One

Main points from lecture:
  • As this was the first lecture for the unit it was interesting to learn what it was all about. I gathered information that told me what I need to know, what I need to do, and what I will learn.
  • PC's (Personal Computers) have grown and become an essential part of everyday life and living. They are used for business, leisure and personal productivity.
  • As a student, having access to a computer is important for numerous reasons, being research, communication word processing and creating presentations.
  • I was told to be patient with computers, as I'm still learning and being taught new things, and new processes to do these things.
  • The equipment and required skills I will need for this unit. Being a working ECU account, a USB thumb drive and Internet access from home. I also need to have an understanding of how to use a computer, how to use and access my ECU account and everything that is associated with it.
  • The personal lesson I learnt from Week One's lecture is not to sit next to people that are listening to their IPods, playing on their phones and reading magazines. It is very distracting.

No comments: